Ever wondered about giving Dungeons & Dragons a spin, or learning about the expansive world of Magic: The Gathering? Ever wanted to command a Rebel squad in Star Wars Legion, or lead a squad of Space Marines in Warhammer 40K? We have curated a list of board game, RPG, wargaming and card game titles that are open for everyone to try! No experience required – we’ll show you the ropes! Demo games are available for a wide variety of titles throughout the event.
All games are fully stocked with boards, terrain and miniatures (where required). All you need is a desire to play!
- Star Wars: X-Wing – Are you a fan of Star Wars Battlefront? Now you can fly your X-Wing or TIE Fighter yourself using the famed command dial system. Play as Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader or even Poe Dameron or Kylo Ren!
- Star Wars: Legion – Warfare is an inescapable part of the Star Wars universe, from the blow dealt to the Rebel Alliance in the Battle of Hoth to a few Rebel strike teams taking on a legion of stormtroopers stationed on Endor. Seize your chance to get your boots on the ground and lead your troops to victory with Star Wars™: Legion, a miniatures game of thrilling infantry battles in the Star Wars universe!
- HeroClix – Do you love comics? Did you ever want to join in the fights you read about in comics? With the WizKids HeroClix system, you can lead teams like the X-Men, Avengers or even the Justice League.
- Warhammer 40K – Command an army from the far future. Learn to play Warhammer 40K from our experts or try out a new army. You can even bring in your own miniatures and challenge your friends or one of our experts!
- Necromunda – From the 40K universe comes the game of gang warfare in the 41st millennium. Lead a gang among the wastes in the bowels of a hive city for glory and survival.
- BattleTech – Come out and celebrate the 35th anniversary of the classic ‘Mech warfare game, BattleTech! Available for your playing pleasure is the Classic BattleTech and the new Alpha Strike systems.
- Cadet Start Fleet Battles – Wanna fly a starship? Command the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701. “No bloody A, B, C or D…” – Scotty, The Next Generation episode 4, season 6) or a Klingon D-7 Battlecruiser in the game of starship command. With the Cadet rules system, you can be flying your own starship in 10 minutes and flinging photon torpedoes and disruptor bolts in 20.
- Starfire – STARFIRE is a game of starship combat that was originally created by Steve Cole in 1976 and published in a revised version by Task Force Games in 1979. STARFIRE was designed as a fast-paced game of fleet-level starship combat with an easy-to-use starship design system and a progression of technological development. Using the Quick-Start ruleset, you’ll be commanding a fleet in no time!
- OGRE – In the year 2085, the battlefield is deadlier than ever. Hovercraft, tanks and infantry slug it out with tactical nukes. But the most feared weapon of all needs no human guidance. It’s the giant cybernetic tank known as the Ogre! Play the classic game of army-vs-tank that was the first game designed by Steve Jackson of Munchkin and Car Wars fame.
Free Paint-and-Take a miniature*
Join us at the table to create a custom character! Paint, brushes and miniatures provided! Sponsored by Reaper Miniatures!
*While supplies last!
If you would like to play with your own RPG party, you are welcome to do so! We will try to keep tables available for this purpose, but we cannot promise availability. However, if you want to help us run games for others, reach out via our Volunteer page!
- Heritage: The Legacy – Heritage the Legacy is a new take on an old friend. This tabletop game showcases new and exciting ways to interact with the story and the characters therein. With completely customizable characters, we have done away with the tried and true “Class” system a lot of games adhere to, yet still keep it fun and easy to learn and use. In this world, one can easily reflect exactly what they want their character to be able to do and achieve. Game Features:A Unique D12 System built from the ground up to provide a brand new way to game.9 Playable Nations to choose from each giving your character unique ways to customize your character. Over 40 Weapon Styles each with their own unique abilities to fully craft your fighting style to your personal playstyle.7 Schools of Magic with 40+ components to craft unique spells tailored to fit the situation. A Never Before Seen Social System allowing you to take control of the situation IN or OUT of COMBAT!
- Dungeons & Dragons 5e – ‘The first Dungeons & Dragons game was played back when Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson chose to personalize the massive battles of their fantasy wargames with the exploits of individual heroes. This inspiration became the first fantasy roleplaying game, in which players are characters in an ongoing fantasy story. This new kind of game has become immensely popular over the years, and D&D has grown to include many new ways to vividly experience worlds of heroic fantasy.” (Wizards of the Coast) This is the games 5th iteration, with streamlined rules and simplified mechanics.
- Pathfinder 1e – The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game is a fantasy role-playing game (RPG) that was published in 2009 by Paizo Publishing. Infamously dubbed “Dungeons and Dragons 3.75 Edition” for its release following the ill fated 4th Edition of Dungeons and Dragons.
- Pathfinder 2e – The newest edition of the Pathfinder RPG, currently in new release from Alpha testing during 2019. We will feature some of the newly created adventures for this modified system. Great for both fans of the previous Pathfinder edition, and role playing in general.
- Shadowrun – Shadowrun is a science fantasy tabletop role-playing game set in the year 2077, hosting a fictional universe in which cybernetics, magic and fantasy creatures co-exist. The current 5th edition of the rules originally were written in 1989, with new rules recently announced to be launching in the future. Play hero, or even villain in the world of global Megacorps, magic, shadows, and the many faces of the Anarchy Underground.
- HackMaster – Captures that old school feel, but with a new school design that will challenge you throughout your journey from nobody to hero. This isn’t your father’s joke game anymore!
- A Simple Retrieval – Life is hard for a fledgling adventurer in the big city, so when you hear that a prominent local merchant is quietly seeking aid you decide to answer his summons. But will the job be a simple retrieval or something much more deadly? A HackMaster adventure for 1st level characters. No experience is required, and pregen will be provided.
- The Lost Tomb of Tor’adun – A treasure map won in a game of chance claims to show the location of a semi-mythical Elven hero. If true, you stand to gain riches beyond comprehension. But what dangers await in this lost tomb? A HackMaster adventure for 3rd level characters. No experience is required, and pregens will be provided.
- Star Wars: Force and Destiny – Darkness has engulfed the galaxy. The Jedi Order, its knights, and knowledge of the Force is nearly all but lost and scattered across the stars. Force-sensitive outcasts struggle to survive under the tyranny of the Galactic Empire. Darth Vader and his Inquisitors mercilessly hunt the children of the Force. A small band of Force-sensitive children and their ship have been captured by the Empire. With teamwork and the aid of unexpected allies, they may be able to escape. This adventure introduces the basic rules for roleplaying in the Star Wars galaxy. With a range of insidious villains, vicious wild beasts, and cryptic characters players can explore the mysteries of the Force and discover their powerful destinies!
- Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG: Gold & Glory — Eons-old secrets slumber beneath the forbidden Ghost Ice. Since the time of the Elders, the local tribes have shunned the crawling glacier, knowing it as taboo land that slays all who tread its frigid expanse. Now, the Ghost Ice has shattered, revealing hints at deeper mysteries entombed within its icy grasp. Strange machines and wonderful horrors stir beneath the ice…
Sponsored by Shuffles: Board Game Cafe! Enjoy a massive library of more than 400 board games! Highlights include:
- Red Dragon Inn
- Battle Sheep
- Cash N Guns
- Forbidden Island
- Ghost Blitz!
- Go Cuckoo!
- Just One
- Love Letter
- No Thanks
- Wits & Wagers
Trading Card Games
- Magic: The Gathering
- Dragon Ball Super
- Cardfight!! Vanguard
Join our experienced volunteers from Oklahoma Mahjong and learn how to play Mahjong! The Oklahoma Mahjong community specializes in Japanese-style (Riichi) Mahjong, but other styles are welcome. Beginner-friendly demos will be offered throughout NYGExpo!